Sunday, February 15, 2009

The End of the Blog

You may have noticed there hasn't been a new post here for a while. Since Mick's overall condition gets a little better every day, your blogger felt that posting daily was risking overshare, going into too much detail just to have something to write about. So here endeth The Back Story--but not without a few words from the man himself:

My many hats are off to: Dr. Kuflik and everyone at Beth Israel Spine Institute... they've already returned to me an ease of daily life I'd frankly almost forgotten; to all our pals who've sent out their support and good vibes (it worked!); and to Blogger, RN whose careful tending was matched only by his patience, constant encouragement, and relentless cheerfulness.

Oh wait a minute, it's not June? We're not at Radio City? This isn't the Tony Awards?

Wow what a difference 3 weeks makes! It's hard for me to believe that it was only 21 days ago I was staring into the bottom of a martini glass wondering what was to be -- the pain in my back being obliterated by the yellow stripe I was quickly growing there instead.

I admit I don't remember much about my temporary residence at 16th Street and 1st Avenue, but I do know that whenever the first day was that they got me up and out of bed I knew immediately the op had been completely successful.

And then getting out of there and being home just a few days later was a super -- and welcome -- surprise.

Even though we'd been shown it a few months ago when we began this process and it was all still theoretical, equally surprising was being at the doc's this past week and seeing a model of a human spine with only 3 verts fused, and realizing there's about a coffee mug-full of hardware in me, literally screwed into my back (which answers the question why am I not lifting a buzz off all the drugs I'm taking.)

I'm feeling great. I love it that every day I'm better than I was the day before. I'm looking forward to getting back to my regular gig of outfoxing producers and general managers by day and hanging out by night.

It's corny, I know, but ain't life grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment